- June 30 Meeting - Modularizing Collection and Entity Selection List Boxes - Kirk Brooks, Guy Algot
- August 31st Meeting – Messaging with 4D v16, Thomas Maul
- March 4 Meeting - How to implement a Worker queue monitor using Storage – Tim Nevels
- March 31 Meeting - Argus Development Environment Shell and Tools for 4D – Jody Bevan
- August 30th Meeting - Publish/Subscribe Component for 4D, David Adams
Category Archives: Demo
Check out the session I put together for the 4D Summit 2020! It was a lot of fun to put together, and the potential is easy to see once you get to the macros. What a bummer that I could … Continue reading
A basic strategy for monitoring worker activity or for creating a job queue using Call Worker and Call Form…
Optimization and the glorious ‘Client log recording’ database parameter. Are printing processes harassing your server? Enter the No Harassment Zone!
Exploring some interesting behaviors of the C_OBJECT variable type in 4D. What is the true nature of the Object… pointer or primitive?
Old School Optimization Explore the performance differences in 4D between a few commands that can be used for the same purpose but have extremely different processing times that may not immediately be apparent without testing… Apply To Selection, Array To … Continue reading
Check out how much faster the new 4D ‘Find in sorted array’ command is than the older ‘Find in array’ command! I know I’ll be using it. Maybe it’s time for some refactoring?
Check out my technical breakout session from the 4D Summit 2016 in Portland, OR. Explore a development strategy that we are using at the Art Institute of Chicago dubbed, The Virtual Structure. This approach helps to centralize data query and retrieval, … Continue reading
How to Selection To Array 4D Object field attribute values.
Create xlsx Excel files easily by using 4D and PHPExcel. Here is a video that shows a quick and easy way to generate Excel data from 4D…