Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 12:00 noon, CDT (UTC−5:00)
4D in Drag… and Drop – Brent Raymond
4D developers have many great techniques available to make their applications really shine, but one of the best ways to dress up your app’s functionality is to use Drag and Drop.
In this demo, Brent Raymond will review the variety of different ways you can integrate drag and drop features in modern fashion to make your workflow fabulous!
Drag and Drop has been around in 4D applications for decades, so the basic functionality we will discuss is not quite new. However not all of us fully embraced drag and drop in our desktop applications to begin with, and if you did, the original language is now deprecated and will need to be replaced.
So let’s all get together and review how easy it is now to add great usability features to your app with a variety of drag and drop approaches. The demo and available source code will cover:
- Deprecated commands
- Automatic Drag/ Drop
- Pasteboard review
- Handle file drop on your app – On Drop database method
- Form Object drag events
- Setting a Drag Icon using pictures and on-the-fly created SVG to give context
- Dragging text, picture, file, and all at once
- Drag to create a file to the desktop or data in a spreadsheet
- Custom pasteboard data types
- Advanced big data drag technique using Call Form and Signal
- Multi-line collection/ entity selection listbox drag without key modifiers
This meeting is being hosted live with real-time discussion on Zoom. Click here to join…
To follow along with the meeting slideshow, access it here when it is available…
Slides for November 2, 2022 meeting
Have comments or questions after the meeting? Either post them here or to discuss.4d.com.
If you cannot attend the live Zoom meeting, don’t worry! A recording will be posted to the 4DMethod Youtube channel after the meeting ends.