A Modern Component for Reading Delimited Text Files – Dani Beaubien
The applications we write sometimes need to import and process information from tab-delimited/csv files. The code needed to open, validate and prepare the file for processing is quite similar in each case is usually duplicated with each file importer. It gets even more complicated when handling the positions that that columns might appear in.
The component Dani will share lets you hide away the complexity of loading the delimited file into an object with named attributes that align with the columns in the file.
- The file can be tab-delimited, comma delimited, comma delimited with a custom separator
- The columns can be in any order
- The data within the columns is type casted
- Columns can be optional or required
- Handle any EOL (e.g. CR, LF, CRLF)
This meeting is being hosted on Zoom. Click here to join…
Have comments or questions after the meeting? Either post them here or in the 4D Forum.
If you cannot attend the live Zoom meeting, don’t worry! A recording will be posted to the 4DMethod Youtube channel after the meeting ends.