Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 12:00 noon, CDT (UTC−5:00)
Modularizing Collection and Entity Selection List Boxes – Kirk Brooks, Guy Algot
For database applications, what could be more important than how to display data in a user interface? Is your application still using output list forms? Maybe Current Selection list boxes? Then it is probably time for an update!
4D has driven much innovation into list boxes and subforms in recent years, but all of the new features can be tricky to wrangle if you have gotten used to doing things the old way. Never fear!
4D user interface pros Kirk Brooks and Guy Algot will have an open discussion including:
- Review the multitude of options we have currently for data display
- Give some tips on Collection and Entity Selection type listbox configuration
- Show a modularized approach to listbox setup
- Chat about the differences in listbox features in 4D v17, v18, and v19
- Demonstrate useful tips for managing multiple listboxes on a form
- How to make your listbox code more generic
- Entity selection vs Collection listboxes
- So Meta… info expressions
A sample database with all the source code will be provided.
This meeting is being hosted on Zoom. Click here to join…
To follow along with the meeting slideshow, access it here when it is available…
Slides for June 30, 2020 meeting
Have comments or questions after the meeting? Either post them here or in the 4D Forum.
If you cannot attend the live Zoom meeting, don’t worry! A recording will be posted to the 4DMethod Youtube channel after the meeting ends.